You Want To Make A Difference
You don’t have to be CEO to have an impact in your world. You don’t require special status. No one needs to give you permission.
You just need clarity about what’s important, a plan to get there and the confidence to make it happen.
Easy to say. Hard to define. Challenging to sustain. We’ve built the approach that works, and it can work for you.
The Challenge Of Attainment
You have always had ambitions. Dreams. Goals. Sometimes, too many. Ideas come to you, opportunities present themselves, your eye is drawn to another exciting possibility.
You want to make a difference in the world, to make it better, to leave your mark. The challenge has always been, “How do I do that? What should I do? Where do I start?”
Books, time management strategies, planning systems were supposed to be part of the solution. To a large extent, they’ve become part of the problem. You feel overwhelmed by your to-do list. Your days are seas of meeting, with precious few shoals of free time. You bought into the value of capturing and planning everything you need to do, and the result was a cascade of interminable and never-ending action items. Many days, it feels like your list is managing you instead of you managing your list.
You want to take action, but struggle in the moment with where to focus and how to best move forward. Surely there is some concrete guidance, some strategies that will work and some insights that will help?
The Confidence To Act
Strategy Making is a personal leadership experience like no other. It has been thoughtfully designed to help you illuminate your personal strategies and priorities, and to build the plans to confidently bring them to reality.
Be a part of the Strategy Making experience and you will finish with:
- Absolute clarity about the priorities that matter most to you.
- Greater appreciation of who you are and how where you have been connects and supports where you are going.
- Ownership of your choices and how they connect to your overall purpose and direction.
- Clear plans of how to structure and move forward on your most essential priorities.
- Conviction that the plans you build will fully support you in realizing your desired future.
- Passion and enthusiasm to take action on your dreams and bring them to reality.
- Focus on your commitments and how to meaningfully manage your time in ways that serve you and your goals.
- A sense of community, belonging and support from a network that shares what it takes to dream big and act confidently.
Join Strategy Making and you will also get:
- Lifetime access to the full curriculum—lectures, workshop recordings, workbooks, exercises.
- One year’s access to the Strategy Making Community, that provides you with:
- Participation in monthly group strategy sessions to explore your questions in more detail.
- Access to on-going webinars that let you go deeper and expand on the content of the workshop.
- Regular sharing of resources, articles and references to support you in your journey.
- Access to a community of leaders who share the challenge and ambition of attaining meaningful goals.
Confidently take the first steps toward your future.
Imagine How It Would Feel To Make A Difference
Stop a moment. Close your eyes. Take some time to think about your future.
Imagine how it would feel to:
- Know you are doing work that matters and make a difference.
- Have clarity on what is most important to you in realizing your future.
- Own the choices you are making and the decisions you are taking.
- Know that your dreams and ambitions are truly yours, and fully connected to who you are as a person.
- Have a complete picture of what it takes to bring your dreams to life.
- Wake up in the morning knowing what steps need to happen next and the confidence to take action.
- Feel connected with your work, and not overwhelmed by what it will take to get things done.
I have a new perspective about the control I have over how I want to spend my remaining working & non-working days … and how I don’t want to spend them.
Sutter SchumacherChristchurch, New Zealand
I liked that it was content-rich. I learned some new theory I hadn’t seen before and I liked the new elements added to some traditional tools.
Christine LazarukEdmonton, Alberta
Get clarity. Find meaning. Define direction. Act with intention.
Strategy Making consists of 12 modules, delivered over three phases.
Each phase concludes with a reflection and integration module to bring together and clarify your thinking, and prepare for the next phase.
Modules are delivered weekly, guiding you through each step of the program and giving you appropriate time to reflect and plan at each stage.
You can view the workshop calendar here for the first cohort.
Phase 1 – Your Journey To Here
Explore what has led you to here. Understand the influences that shape who you are and what you dream for your future. Understand where you are starting from. Identify the goals you have carried with you to date, and what they mean to you now.
Module 1 – Getting Started
We will explore your journey so far, and how you arrived at where you are today.
You will examine the overall arc of your life to date. Identify and explore the key decisions that have shaped it, and what they mean for who you are and what you aspire to next.
Module 2 – Taking Stock
To define where you are going, you need to understand where you are now.
You will consider the place you find yourself in currently, and how you feel about where you are and how it shapes where you go next.
Module 3 – Exploring The Goals You Have So Far
You come into the program with goals and ambitions, hopes and dreams already in place.
You will take the time to unpack and explore what you have been working towards, where they came from, and what they mean to you now.
Module 4 – How We Got Here
A reflection and integration module to bring together everything that has come before.
You will have perspective on all of the forces and influences that shape your current reality and perceptions. More importantly, you will start to identify what you want to sustain and what you want to change.
Phase 2 – Your Journey Forward
Define and state your intentions for the future. Know your values, and the role that they play in your life. Frame your goals and building meaningful and relevant plans to bring them to life.
Module 5 – Stating Intentions
Defining priorities starts with being clear about your intentions and what you most care about accomplishing.
You will consider and define what is essential for you, framing your goals and defining the full scope of what is needed to be able to realize them.
Module 6 – Finding Values
Our values and beliefs are the lens through which we experience the world.
You will explore the values that have emerged in your reflections to date, and define the guideposts and principles that will guide you forward, as well as those that might currently be holding you back.
Module 7 – Framing Goals & Building Plans
Goals require plans in order to bring them into reality, otherwise they stay unrealized dreams.
You will consider what is needed to move forward, make progress across all of the areas that are important to you, and rethink how you approach planning to progressively realize results.
Module 8 – Clarifying Your Intentions
A reflection and integration module to bring your goals and intentions into sharp focus.
You will confirm your comfort and confidence with your intentions, goals and plans, take stock of what realizing them will mean for you in your desired future, and know what you need to prepare for along the way.
Phase 3 – Keeping It Going
Integrate your plans and priorities into the systems that you use today. Get clarity on how you manage your commitments and actions. Build attainment of your goals into your routines. Sustain your focus and commitment, and actively review your progress.
Module 9 – Integrating Plans & Systems
Getting control of our future means building a productive relationship with our management tools.
You will explore how you currently approach managing commitments and priorities, and consider the proper role for your systems in managing and maintaining focus on your intentions and goals.
Module 10 – Building Habits & Routines
Our lives are full already. We have personal, family and professional obligations that we are already juggling.
You will think about the routines and habits that are productive, and those that are holding you back from spending the time and investing the focus you need to thrive going forward.
Module 11 – Sustaining Focus
Realizing your desired future requires on-going commitment to realize. You have the plans, but you need to put them into action.
You will explore what is necessary for you to maintain commitment and focus. You will consider what best supports you in maintaining accountability, and the reviews and follow-ups that will keep you on track.
Module 12 – Continuing To Move Forward
A reflection and integration module that brings together your insights and learning from the program.
You will evaluate where you started and appreciate where you have arrived. You will have an opportunity to reflect on the clarity you have gained and the commitments you have made to invest in what matters to you, and what you need to sustain your priorities as the focus of your efforts and your life.
You can view the workshop calendar here for the first cohort.
Community access for all participants can be renewed on an annual basis.
Be Part Of A Supportive Community
Whichever delivery option of Strategy Making you choose, you also get access to a broader community and on-going access to resources, guidance and support:
All participants get one year’s access to the community and monthly strategy sessions:
- Community access. The Strategy Making Community is a network of people just like you: ambitious, focussed, caring and working hard to bring their ambitions into reality. You will be able to share your experiences and insights in real time. You will have access to guidance, ideas and suggestions. You will have the support, reinforcement and encouragement of a supportive community that knows what you are going through. You will also get regular information, resources, ideas, articles and access to webinars throughout the year.
- Monthly strategy sessions. Group strategy sessions happen monthly, and are available to all members of the community. Get regular access to Mark and other members of the community. Bring your burning questions and current challenges. Get inspiration, ideas and insight. Sustain the energy to keep going and the connections to know that you are supported. Every strategy session is recorded, so you won’t miss out on a thing—even if you can’t attend live.
Strategy Making Incubator participants gain exclusive access to additional tailored support designed to accelerate your Strategy Making journey and maximize the value of the program:
- Dedicated cohort. You will be part of an exclusive cohort of no more than 12 participants. Experience an interactive, facilitated program in the company of a close-knit, collaborative group that shares the journey with you. Benefit from their insights, interaction and experiences, and provide mutual feedback and support.
- Facilitated weekly workshops. In addition to access to the same pre-recorded modules, workbooks, exercises and templates as the rest of the program, you will participate in facilitated weekly 90-minute workshops. Led by Mark Mullaly, you’ll dive deep into the content, explore its relevance for you and get guidance and support in applying it to your experience.
- Guided weekly planning sessions. As you experience the program, map your journey, build your plan and prepare to take action, you will have opportunities to directly share and get personalized feedback. Weekly 90-minute facilitated sessions with Mark Mullaly will allow you to explore the content of your plans, get insight from the journey of others and get direct, personalized feedback, suggestions and recommendations.
- One-on-one coaching. Get personalized support throughout your Strategy Making journey. You will have five 45-minute one-on-one coaching sessions with Mark Mullaly to sustain your progress and provide you with direct support, guidance and feedback. At the start, as part of each phase reflection and after conclusion of the program you will have an opportunity to get input and advice, explore questions and further refine your goals and plans.
Investing in yourself is always worth the time, effort and money. This particular program is a very practical way to define and execute a plan to bring the best version of you to all facets of your life.
Stephanie PorterEdmonton, Alberta
The exercises we worked through surprised me in their ability to produce new insights. Allowing myself to “go for it” yielded some “a-ha” moments that when strung together, clicked almost effortlessly into a clear picture of the plan. When I look at it, I still think, “yup, that’s it!”
Don’t Let Another Year Come Between You And Your Goals
The future you want is attainable. You just need to take the first step.